EDMAR M. AMAYA, LL.M.
FEDERAL AND STATE LICENSES
- The Unites States Patent and Trademark Office
- The Florida Bar
- The United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- The United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- The United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
Franklin Pierce Law Center, Concord, NH
Juris Doctor (JD), May 2007
Master of Laws (LLM) in Intellectual Property, May 2007
- SELECTED IP LAW COURSES: 2 day Comprehensive Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) Seminar, Issues before the Federal Circuit, Advanced Patent and Trademark Registration Practice, IP Litigation, Intensive Study of e-Law and EU Commercial Law, University College Cork School of Law, Cork, Ireland Intensive Study of Chinese Commerce and International IP Law, Tsinghua University School of Law, Beijing, China.
Florida International University, Miami, FL
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME), 2001
- ADVANCED COURSES: Advanced Mechanics of Materials, Advanced Electronic Packaging, Intermediate CAD/CAE, Smart Machine Design, RF Fundamentals, Materials for High Frequency Applications Power Hybrid Design and Fabrication, Packaging of MEMS Microsystems.
- RESEARCH ASSISTANT: Electronic Packaging 1998-2001 Miniaturized biomedical pressure sensitive device for in-situ pressure measurement in aortic aneurysm mounted on a flexible stent. Designed and manufactured thick film electronics. Involved in design and manufacturing of micro-pump and micro fluidic valves in LTCC for microelectronic cooling.
EDAM LAW PLLC, Attorneys at Law, Miami, FL
FOUNDER, DIRECTOR, PATENT ATTORNEY, 2009-Present
Comprehensive Intellectual Property Practice. Managed over 30 IP clients concerning: design patents and utility patents in fields of semiconductors, tools, electric circuits, clean energy, etc. Advised clients on trademarks, licensing and patent commercialization issues.
Sanchelima & Associates P.A., Attorneys at Law, Miami, FL
OF COUNSEL, PATENT ATTORNEY, 2008-2009
Drafted specifications and claims in mechanical, chemical and electrical engineering arts. Drafted Office Action responses. Wrote appeals briefs to the Board of Patent and Trademark Appeals.
Paratek Microwave Inc., Nashua, NH
LAW CLERK, 2005-2007
Performed prior art searches, drafted specifications and claims in the electrical engineering and RF microwave arts. Drafted Office Action responses. Implemented trade secret due diligence requirements.
Lamina Ceramics Inc., Concord, NH and W. Hampton, NJ
Microelectronics Packaging Consultant, 2004-2005
LED Head Design Engineer, 2002-2004
Advised in design and manufacturing of state of the art high brightness light emitting diode packages for general illumination. Named inventor in 7 patent applications
Heraeus INC. Circuit Materials Division, Philadelphia, PA
Research and Development Engineer, 2001-2002
Conceived and co-patented the first self-constrained ceramic tape for microelectronic manufacturing. Designed breakthrough technology marketed as HeraLock. Inventor in 2 patents.
Fluent in Spanish, English, and Swedish (read, write and speak).
American and Swedish dual citizen.
- American Intellectual Property Law Association, Past Student Pres., Current Committee Member
- Student Hispanic National Bar Association, Student Founding Chapter President
- NH Bar Association Intellectual Property Law Section, Past Student Representative
- American Bar Association, IP Section Member
- International Microelectronics and Packaging Society IMAPS NJ, Past Executive Board Member
- HeraLock® was selected as the number one Ceramic Interconnect Technology of the year 2002.
- Nominated for MIT’s Technology Review magazine 2003 TR100 contributions to emerging technologies.
- Nominated for the ASME’s 2003 New Faces in Engineering award.
- Student leader in the Honorary Mechanical Engineering Society Pi Tau Sigma.
- Reserve Officer Training Corps R.O.T.C. achieved several military leadership and excellence awards while at Kemper Military Academy, Boonville, Missouri.
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS AND CONFERENCES PAPERS
HeraLock 2000 Self Constrained LTCC Tape, American Ceramic Society’s Ceramic Bulletin, Sept. 2002.
High Density LED Light Engines, Light Emitting Diodes 2003 The Strategic Summit for LEDs in Illumination October 16th 2003 – San Diego, CA.
Low Temperature Co-Fired Ceramics on Metal (LTCC-M) a Thermal Management Solution for High Power LED Arrays, IMAPS Advanced Technology Workshop (ATW) on Thermal Management for High-Performance Computing and Wireless Applications Microwave and LED Array Packaging October 19, 2003 – Palo Alto, CA.
Thermal Management Solutions to Solid State Lighting, Thermal Workshop at Strategies in Light 2004 February 2nd 2004 – San Mateo, CA.
SELECTED TECHNOLOGIES IN PATENT APPLICATIONS DRAFTED
- 3D SEMICONDUCTOR PACKAGING
- HIGH FREQUENCY CIRCUITRY
- ACOUSTIC RESONANCE CANCELLATION
- LAYERED AND MULTILAYERED TUNABLE CAPACITORS
- THIN FILM CAPACITORS
- CURRENT REDUCTION METHODS
- WIRELESS DEVICES
- TUNABLE MICROWAVE DEVICES
- AUTO-ADJUSTING MATCHING CIRCUITS
- COMPUTER AIDED DESIGNS
- LOCAL REFINEMENT TROUGH T-SPLINES
- SOLID STATE LUMINESCENT LAMPS
- MAGNETIC FIELD BASED ALARM SYSTEMS
- MECHANICAL FENCE SYSTEMS
- PORTABLE DRAINAGE SYSTEMS
- ONLINE BUYER COMPUTER METHODS
- INTERCHANGEABLE HEAD ASSEMBLIES